Sunday, July 24, 2011

our Neighbourhood

About 7 km from my gaon, is my uncle's place. He bought a massive land in between two villages, so practically he is surrounded by forest on all sides. But what a wonderful place it is.. . He's now built a house for his family, i.e. my cousins and nephews...
the pictures below will show you the whole scene of my uncles place...

you know whats the best thing about my uncles place? He owns a private stream for himself...Though it dries up during the summers but its all gushing down in monsoons..
the most amazing thing is, during the first rains of monsoons, the river fish climbs up the river upstream, into the paddy fields and meadows around to lay its Eggs..Its an HEAVENLY sight and totally , freakishly UNBELIEVABLE.. You can catch them with your hands..
Whether cooked in gravy or fried to thick gravy they taste absolutely awesome...even better are the eggs..Yummy. I think I gotta stop there, my mouth is watering and I am getting more hungrier...

that's me and my brother playing around..
The backyard of my Uncles place..he's planted a variety of fruit plants there.. guava, chikoo, pineapple, mangoes, cashew nuts, figs, sweet-lime, papaya, mash-melon, kokam, aamla... and a few more I cant remember.. I think I am going to re-live my childhood again, climbing up trees and eating its fruits, maybe occasionally falling off it too :P

the evening shot of my uncle's private stream...
My parents are strong believers of god.. so there's this Dargha about 25km from my gaon and they make a point we visit there every time we go!! The only thing that takes me there is the route.. its BEAUTIFUL.. you know why.. take a look
above is the zoomed shot of one of the million's of waterfalls in Western ghats and below is no zoom shot..

the roads that lead to that place..
now you know where that river is coming from...

Dont be surprised.. that is the Konkan Railway bridge.. that passes through such beautiful scenario..

1 comment:

  1. In awe with the place... lovely captures. Nice writeup :)

    ReplyDelete